I am not a dad, but I do have one. And in the 34 years of knowing my Dad, I’ve learned why he chose to be a Dad-along with a few other things, like:
But, here are the top ten reasons that I think my Dad became a dad.
2. Mustaches look sleazy on most guys, but if you have a wedding ring and your toting around 4 kids, you can get by with it.
4. You finally get to say, “Don’t make me turn this car around!”.
6. You always get to say the prayer at the dinner table, making it as long-winded as you want.
8. But, even if you are awesome-you will also hear a lot of stupidity out of your children as they grow up. Because, let’s face it. Kids are stupid. But, since you’re awesome, you remain calm, pray for sanity and spank on.
10. You get presents on father’s day, including-but not limited to: licorice, updated clothing items, bar-b-que gift certificates, hand-painted art projects, perhaps a reenactment of your life put on in a dramatic form complete with costumes, and socks.
Who wouldn’t want to be a dad? Happy Father’s Day, Dad. I LOVE YOU!