It’s so beyond summertime here, it’s ridiculous. I’ve been sweating every minute of every day-whether I’m sitting down or vacuuming or doing Crossfit, it’s the same. Stinky sweat and no end in sight.
This brings me always to the same place-I need something cold to drink. But I don’t want to consume my daily caloric intake with one or even two drinks. You can find a printable recipe at the bottom of this post.
(Did you know that the average Starbucks Frappuccino is in the range of 400-500 calories? YIKES!)
I decided to come up with a skinny version of one of my favorite drinks-Orange Julius. The result was a delicious drink without any of the spare tire conversion.
This recipe is a great just as a beverage, but can also be frozen and eaten as Orange Sherbet-(a skinny alternative to icecream)!
This Recipe makes a Pitcher of 4-5 Servings:
4-5 Peeled Fresh Oranges
4-5 Cups of Ice
1-2 Cups of Water
1/4 tsp Vanilla Creme Stevia
This Recipe makes one serving:
1 Cup of Ice
1/4 Cup of Water or as Needed
2 Drops of Liquid Vanilla Creme Stevia
Watch out summer, I may have you beat.
- This Recipe makes a Pitcher of 4-5 Servings:
- 4-5 Peeled Fresh Oranges
- 4-5 Cups of Ice
- 1-2 Cups of Water
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Creme Stevia
- This Recipe makes one serving:
- 1 Orange
- 1 Cup of Ice
- ¼ Cup of Water or as Needed
- 2 Drops of Liquid Vanilla Creme Stevia
- In a blender, combine the peeled oranges, adding ½ of the needed ice on top.
- Add the water and pulse until the ice is broken up into chunks. Add to this the other half of ice.
- Next, add the Vanilla Creme Stevia.
- Puree everything until it’s blended, but still a bit chunky.
- Pour into a chilled glass, prop your feet up and enjoy.
- Make an extra serving to freeze and enjoy later on as a skinny Orange Sherbet.
- ***This recipe for Skinny Orange Julius (and me!) will be featured on Fox 23′s Great Day Green Country on January 2nd, 2013 at 10 am.***